Friday, April 20, 2012

Nursery. Almost there! (again)

I've been working on the nursery (nevermind that miss girl is 15 months...she needed a redo) a little bit at a time while she has been awake. It's been difficult because hanging wallpaper/painting/stenciling etc is VERY difficult with a toddler wrapping herself around your arms/legs/painted projects. Sheesh. The good news is, the wallpaper is up! WHOO HOO. It turned out great. I still have to paint it, and trim the sides out I think, but it looks so much better than that mess I did while pregnant.  Here's a sneak peak...
Martha Stewart Beadboard Wallpaper
I have used (and created a horrid mess) the prepasted stuff from Lowes - everyone said it was so easy...it must have been me. Martha's is not prepasted and is a heavy foam type paper - I rolled the glue up and everything was easy breezy from there...except for the toddler. It looks so pretty - now I'm repainting the crib and thinking about some fabric I need to go pick up to make it all work. I have stenciled the wall (not quite finished) and repainted her rocking chair and dresser. Whew! It's been busy around here. Can't wait to show you the finished product!

Oh oh. She's awake. Guess that means I better get busy. 

xo-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment