Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nursery...still???

There is something in my DNA that makes me start one project...not finish it...and be super inspired to start another one. I'm pretty sure, after browsing blogland, that I share this trait with others. So, in true me style, I couldn't stand the board and batten job I had done in the nursery. I saw an inspiring nursery (check it out below) and decided it was TIME! So that very next day, I ripped out all the wood/caulk/bits of drywall, and had a pretty scarred wall. But I had an idea. An idea that I could tackle by myself (because when you are married to someone who isn't as obsessed with home as you are, that is important).

See?

 See the bead board in the picture up there? AMAZING - that's the Martha Stewart bead board wallpaper. It's thick and foam like. It isn't pre-pasted so there is no putting it in the bath tub, dripping all the way back to the room, sticky puddle messes. Nope. You slap your glue on the wall with a roller, and you put your paper on it. That's it. It was great. AND it covered up my terrible no good very bad board and batten job. (Again, never let me do that again while pregnant...seriously). 


In the meantime, I stenciled the wall...the top still isn't done. And then I got inspired to repaint the crib. Because this is how all good room re-do's go. Right?


Yep - that's a stencil stuck to the wall up there...that part isn't the most fun. And yep. The bead board is in the process of being painted...along with the dresser. On the other side of the room. With the buckets of paint sitting on it. Ahem. I am waiting for Target to restock those mirrors up there. Apparently they carry one at a time. 

Progress is still progress...however you get there. It's looking super cute, what do you think?

xo-Chris

Linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. Good ideas! I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. KEep on your sharing! I appreciate it. sap bpc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to need an invite over soon so I can check out that wallpaper! Great job! - Rana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rana-the coolest part was that Brett actually thought I beadboard'ed the room in one day, while he was at work, with a baby at home...and wasn't surprised. What does that say about me! It fooled his eye, which is exactly what I wanted. I've been walking around trying to figure out what else I could do...with the wallpaper. In the meantime, I repainted the deck, continued working on Caroline's room, and put up vintage flower boxes on the front of the house. All in a day's work :) Your welcome anytime by the way.
      xo-Chris

      Delete
  3. I like your blog, search a amazing Bed Sheets, You definitely inspired me.

    ReplyDelete